Open Door is a drop-in centre in the heart of Colchester. We are open for any and every one who might need a little bit of extra support. Our drop-in sessions are very informal and have a café style. One of the team will be on hand if you would like to talk to someone or you can just sit quietly and read a newspaper.
We are open from 10am to 2pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
We are closed on bank holidays.
What we offer
- A warm welcome to everyone in a relaxed café style setting
- Friendship and a listening ear
- Value-for-money food and drink (for example a cup of tea is just 10p!)
- Crisis support
- Advice on a wide range of issues (including welfare and housing)
- Sign-posting and referrals to other agencies
- Also look out for activities such as singing, gardening, colouring, and chair exercises!